Sunday, November 16

MOments that Change you...

Have you ever had moments where your life changes in an
instant...the way
you feel about things ....the way you see things...your
priorities are all of the
sudden shifted....this has been happening to me a lot.
And I'm not sad or stressed
about it, it is alll GOOD! I love how the Lord
is working in my life! First let
me tell you about my beautiful girlfriend
Jaime, I have known her since 8th
grade and we have remained friends she
called me a couple of months back and I
heard the words " I have to tell you
something, and no I'm not pregnant" I
instantly knew what she was going to
tell me was going to change me...then she
said.."Karla, I have Leukemia"...I
was completely silent and just cried!!! That
moment changed me and I
promised myself that I would be the best friend I could
possibly be and not only to
her but to all those around me!!! Now she lives in So. Cal
so I couldn't just
hang up and drive and give her a hug...I had to send her hugs and kisses over the phone and tell her how much
she means to me..that I will be there for her to do whatever
I possibly
can...!!! She is doing great and her spirits are high... I just Love her so
much for always listening and just being the sweetest friend ever!
This moment changed me.....

Saturday afternoon I got a call that my mom was evacuated from her apartment
complex and that literally when she left the hill outside her door was in
flames!! Now all I could do was pray and send out calls and emails to pray
for
them..... I have not spoken to my mom since October of last year and
have
been in complete prayer for her the last two weeks not only myself but
others
and so getting this phone call I knew ...Thank you Lord you provided
the
way....I made the phone call and they were okay, in shock and not really
knowing
what to think but none the less calm and in good spirits. I spoke
with my
precious sister(15) who after not talking to her for a year sounded
exactly like
me on the phone...wow ..weird!! As of tonight they are staying
at a friends
house and they are not allowed to stay at their place. They
were able to get
what they could out within a time frame and that was it. (I
sit here and
wonder...what would I get if this was me???)This people changed
me...life is so
short, things can happen in a blink of an eye and most
importantly Family is
more important than stuff!! Lord again you have amazed
me....I can't wait to see
how this will turn out but for now we sit
Thankful for the Awesome God that
you are!!



4 comments:

Trixie said...

Hey lovely!

Isn't God so good? He keeps blessing us with second, third, fourth opportunities to see Him work in situations that we could give up on... but, it is such a sweet reminder that He NEVER gives up...always there, always waiting, always watching over us, always loving us. And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose - you my dear, have been called and know for certain that it will all work out for HIS good!

We love ya!

The Jerrolds Family said...

I love that our God is always at work & I love that your eyes are open to watching how He is... I am praying for your family.

Leslie said...

Thank you Karla. You have His heart and I love you for that!

Joan said...

I love that the Lord is using everything in your life to bless you and to glorify Him. Your reaction to these situations proves that He is near your heart! :)