Sunday, September 7

Homeschooling!!

So a couple of years I decided to attend a homeschooling conference with a couple of girlfriends to get information and just check out all the cool activites and curriculum. Not realizing that this was going to be something that I was going to totally fall in love with. I was on cloud nine thinking all that I could teach my kids on my own, on my own time I was soooo excited. Well a few weeks later my high went away, my own reality set in and my thoughts changed to there is no way I can do this, I'm going to totally mess my kids up. I kept praying about it and just asking the Lord to give me wisdom and to make it clear, as black and white to homeschool or not to homeschool. So for the last year it's been a none stop struggle for me I want to.....I don't want to.... well guess what when you ask the Lord for something and he knows the desires of your heart he will make it happen whether you are ready or not and whether you believe in yourself or not. So here I am in my second week of homeschooling and I am looking forward to this week. He hasn't called me to be perfect he has called me to draw closer to him and he will lead. Thank you Jesus for allowing me to be the teacher to my precious kids.

1 comments:

wedogmomma said...

You can do it girl! Don't give up :D We're all called to be teachers when we have kids...the question just becomes will we choose to do it 'full-time?'
They are always learning from us, in our habits, our moods or our love- so why not add the basic reading, writing and arithmetic?

Just don't let the enemy tell you 'You CAN'T do it'....it's a lie, for We can do ALL things through Christ who give us strength!
So press on lovie!