Friday, September 12

Weight Loss Surgery

So I have researched weight loss surgery till I literally ran out of resources. The internet has been an amazing tool there are blogs with updates on their process from a recent surgery to one that was done five years ago. The information at first was completely overwhelming I didn't realize that that there were different types of surgery. You see, I have struggled with my weight my whole life but when I reached high school my life was so hectic that my weight just went up, up and up. So here I'm today still a struggle I have done every diet imaginable and I can succeed in the first three months I have even been successful in losing 60 pounds but talk to me a few months later and guess what happens. It always comes back it just likes me to much. I used to say "oh, I just really love food" well yeah I do but there was more to it than that. Food is my friend it's always there and unfortunately I used it as a comfort. So here I'm today completely not healthy. My doctors all of them, Podiatrist, GYN, physician all have given me a very hard time even told me that I was killing myself on purpose to keep this weight. So that's were the research started, I used to think that surgery is the easy way out. But after all that I have found that it is merely a tool. An extreme one to some but at this point in my life nothing else has done it for me so it has to be something that will change me completely , a new start. My insurance company requires a six month check up, nutritionist, psychologist, and a physician that deals with diabetes. I have prayed and prayed and asked the Lord for wisdom and he has provided me with so much. My husband has been amazing but of course what can you except it's Clint he is completely supportive and prays with me about it. Am I scared not anymore i'm at my highest weight and can hardly walk if this doesn't happen I will continue to yo-yo diet for the rest of my life which might not be very long. The biggest part of this I would have to say is the support of those around me and so far it's been pretty mixed. Some are on board and some just decided to not talk to me. What do you do when that happens? Pray! I felt that I needed to share this is a really big deal and I thought this would be a good way to post my journey throught it. God Bless.

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh doll, I'm so sorry that I haven't been more supportive. You are the one who has to decide, and I'm so glad you've prayed about it. You have my support 100%!